Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

My shadow by Robert L.S

Today we are checking out "My shadow"


 The connection I made to the title was it’s like when I had my shadow it does everything I do.


The poem was organized by having 4 stanzas with 16 sentences and in the poem the whole rhyming pattern was AABB.


The tone of the poem was a bit sad because the shadow was acting on his own.


The poetic devices I found in the poem were:


Personification: It said “And I see him jump before me” it’s talking about that he was slow, “The funniest thing about him is the way he likes to grow” he was liking it shadow does not have feelings, “he's a coward you can see” Shadows can’t be a coward unless the person was the coward which he was not, “Had stayed at home behind me and was fast asleep in bed.” The person was awake while his shadow was still asleep.


Simile: “For he sometimes shoots up taller like an India-rubber ball,” It was talking about 2 unlike things that are using like or as, same as this one “But my lazy little shadow, like an arrant sleepy-head,”


The poet wanted me or you guys to think about the poem. I thought about the poem like the shadow he was not following the person's movements.


This was an adventure guy's thanks for reading my blog. Bye



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about